Thursday, January 30, 2014

Semantic web 4.0 in Action - Things You Need to Know for 2014 and Beyond

When geeks write and talk about Web 3.0, there isn't much controversy. Web 3.0 is the semantic internet, already described even more than two years back by Tim Berners-Lee, the originator of links and the WWW. The semantic internet will be able to distill implying out of the details that is out in the Internet.

Although Web 3.0 might be genuine in 5 or 10 or even more years (or never), people talk about exactly what could be Web 4.0. An even more grim outlook is that of an Orwellian world intelligence service (do not we have that already.

On the more positive side, Seth Godin, among the leading technology blog writers composes:.

Web4 has to do with making connections, about serendipity and about the network taking initiative. Some intentionally provocative examples:.

I'm typing an email to someone, and we're brainstorming about doing a company development take care of Apple. A younger window appears and lets me know that David over in our Tucscon office is already having a similar discussion with Apple and perhaps we must collaborate. ... As a job manager, my computer knows my flow chart and dependencies for what we're dealing with. And so does the computer of everyone on the job, inside my team and out. As quickly as something fails (or right) the entire chart updates. ... I do not get company spam any more ("fill out your TPS reports") due to the fact that whenever anyone in my group of prolonged coworkers highlights a piece of corporate spam, it's opted for we all. However wait, it's likewise clever enough that when a recipient highlights a mail as worth reading, it goes to the top of my queue. If, in time, the system senses (from exactly how long I read the mail, or that I erase it, or that I do not do something about it) that the individual's referrals are lame, he loses cred.

In my words, I could ask the Internet - which, this goes without saying, will be my iPhone instead of my laptop, or my kitchen help, or my blood pressure device - "What would be the very best Christmas supper for my friends Goetz, Verena, Stefan, Marilha, my partner and me?", or "Shall I be worried about my wellness?".

Fascinating, and frightening, isn't it? I'll keep looking into.

When geeks write and talk about Web 3.0, there isn't much controversy. Web 3.0 is the semantic internet, already described even more than two years back by Tim Berners-Lee, the originator of links and the WWW. The semantic internet will be able to distill implying out of the details that is out in the Internet. It will be able to understand exactly how words link to each - rather than presently deduce that words are related if they are found close enough in a text.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home